In response to the outbreak of Coronavirus throughout Australia, the Centre for Clinical Psychology is committed to protecting health and wellbeing of all clients and staff. Our team of dedicated psychologists are continuing sessions with clients during this time, ensuring that you can still access effective mental health care. To help stop the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented new health and hygiene policies throughout the centre.
What is Coronavirus?
COVID-19, or Coronavirus as it is often referred to, is a virus that causes respiratory illness in those in affected people. At the moment, there is no known vaccine or cure, so it’s important that you understand the risks and what you can do to avoid infection.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, dry cough, sore throat, fatigue and, in some cases, difficulty breathing. If you are exhibiting any of these symptoms before your appointment at the CCP, please get in touch to let us know.
To help stop the spread of Coronavirus, it is recommended that you:
- Self-isolate by only leaving the house to conduct grocery shopping, healthcare appointments (including therapy sessions), to care for dependents or to go to work where working from home is not possible.
- Keep 1.5m distance between you and people outside of your household at all times.
- Regularly wash hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
How we’re putting your health first
Your health and safety is our number one priority here at CCP. For this reason, we have implemented some important policies to ensure our centre is as hygienic as possible.
- Any staff member who has recently returned from overseas will be self-isolating for 14 days.
- We are maintaining a regular cleaning schedule throughout the day, ensuring all key surfaces such as door handles and light switches are sanitised.
- We have hand sanitiser available for clients to use whilst in our clinic.
- Our staff have undertaken Department of Health Infection Control Training related to COVID-19.
- Our staff will open doors for all clients once they are in the centre.
- Social distancing rules are followed in all areas of our clinic.
- For clients who have been told to self-isolate, Medicare-rebated Telehealth sessions are available. This allows you to continue getting professional mental health support via phone call or video link.
- All clients will be asked to report any symptoms of COVID-19 or recent trips overseas before booking appointments.
Get in touch with us today
If you have any questions about our response to COVID-19 or how this may affect your upcoming session, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our friendly professionals on 03 9077 0122.